HELLO, I'M JESSIE MELE
A little bit about me....
I am currently a Front End Developer/Designer at DMI Partners in Philadelphia. I am also finishing the Web Design Professional Certificate Program at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia and am set to complete the program in the 2017. I have already completed the two year Web Design Essentials Certificate. I also work as a freelance web designer and am trying to learn all I can about web design and development. I received my BFA in Photography from The University of the Arts in 1999 and did freelance photography work for 10 years. A New Jersey native, I came to Philadelphia in 1995 for college, fell in love with the city, and never left. In my down time I enjoy yoga, cycling, the beach, crossword puzzles, and time spent with my husband and our boxer Ladybug.
In my time in The University of the Arts Web Design Certification Programs I have learned so many skills that I can carry on through every project I work on, including:
* Client/project requirements gathering
* Content analysis, personas, and scenarios
* Web site planning- mood boards, site diagrams and low, medium and high fidelity wireframes
* High fidelity mock-up creation and PSD or Illustrator to HTML conversion
* HTML5 and CSS 3
* Semantic mark-up
* Responsive Web Design
* CSS responsive framework Skeleton
* Authoring and debugging using developer tools
* Introduction to Git, PHP, and JSON
For my own personal learning I have attended:
* WordCamp 2015 (a WordPress related technical conference)
* Girl Develop It's - Basics of Ruby and Sinatra (an introduction to Back-End Programming taught by Zach Feldman, Co-Founder of the New York Code + Design Academy)
* Girl Develop It's - Transitioning to Web and Interaction Base Design (a lecture on Interaction Design from James Pannafino author of Interdisciplinary Interaction Design – A Visual Guide)
* Philadelphia UI/UX Design's - Tutorial, Design Challenge, and User Testing (an introduction to the Marvel Prototyping App)
*Philadelphia WordPress Meetup Group - Making a WordPress Theme from a PSD
*Girl Develop It's - *HTML/CSS 202: Flexbox Layouts
Freelance Project Work
Settle Down Where - A start-up relocation service website that I worked with my clients to develop. They came to me with a design they already had envisioned and needed someone to make it come to life for them.
Tom Mendicino Books - An author's website that I designed and developed while working closely with my client and his publicist to adhere to their needs and input.
Soma Movement & Therapeutics -A boutique fitness facility's website that I designed and developed with the clients needs for an aesthetic yet functional website in mind.
Content Management Work
I'm currently the content manager for Tom Mendicino Books , Soma Movement & Therapeutics & Spread Bagelry. My duties include updates to information, adding new media, and small revisions to each site's look and functionality.
Swell Movement Project - created a site map, low and high fidelity wireframes, a mood board, and Photoshop mock-ups.
Pedal Pushers Project - created low and high fidelity wireframes, a mood board, Photoshop mock-ups, and a responsive home page using the boilerplate Skeleton.
*HTML5, CSS3, Skeleton, Responsive Design, Photoshop*
Swell Movement Project - created high fidelity wireframes, Photoshop mock-ups, and a website implementing two jQuery plug-ins for a slide show and a text rotator.
*HTML 5, CSS3, jQuery, Photoshop*
Are You Hungry Project - created medium fidelity wireframes and a responsive proto-app using an object and buttons that allow users to interact with the object.
PKM Project - created medium fidelity wireframes, a mood board, Photoshop mock-ups, and a responsive one page website using jQuery plug-ins for scroll effects and navigation.
*HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Photoshop, Responsive Design*
Get A Cab Project - a more user friendly version of the current 215-Get-A-Cab app, created a user flow, personas, wireframes and Illustrator mock-ups, conducted in-person testing and applied changes to app as a result, researched IOS Human Interface Guidelines, created an interactive mobil prototype in InVision using all of the information gathered in the process.
*UI, UX, Illustrator, InVision*